Sunday, March 2, 2014

Blue Skies

There's a song by Point of Grace (dubbed POG by Shel & me) that is called Blue Skies. I'd sing it for you, but that would completely distract you from everything, as I have the voice of an angel *ahem*. However, for those of you who foolishly choose not to YouTube the song & listen in it's entirety, I'll share the chorus: 

Lord, the sky is still blue
For my hope is in you
You're my joy, you're the dream that's still alive
Like the wind at my back
And the sun on my face
You are life
You're grace
You are blue skies

As someone who genuinely experiences cycles of depression and darkness, I often find myself singing this over and over in my head, like a mantra, during times when it takes all I have to crawl out of bed and face the world. 

Spring is definitely in the air. I'm enjoying a gorgeous morning on my front porch, drinking coffee, and staring at a flawless blue sky with fluffy white clouds, fully understanding for the the first time how regenerating blue skies can be. Watching the clouds float by, I'm reminded of childlike innocence and excitement as you realized the clouds were shaped like animate objects....the cheerfulness of the sun and the gorgeous shade of blue just promotes a feeling of rebirth, of newness, of second chances (or third or fortieth), of peace. 

I hope wherever you are today, you have a blue sky. Take a minute to step outside, turn your face upward, and just look at it. REALLY look at it, and let yourself be rejuvenated. 

You're gonna like the way you feel, I guarantee it. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment